Excellence in Student Leadership Award
The Truist Leadership Center sponsors an annual award for ECU students (Undergraduate or Graduate) who have shown exemplary skills or achievement in campus leadership, made a positive impact on a North Carolina community, or helped to address a significant North Carolina problem (examples for illustration only: teenage obesity, improved health and dental care, addressing educational challenges of distressed people, etc.).
The recipients will be announced at the Chancellor’s Horizon Awards for Service ceremony each spring.
The successful awardee will have documented one or more of the following:
- Undergraduate or Graduate student at ECU;
- Positive impact on one or more North Carolina communities;
- Positive impact on ECU campus programs or culture;
- Active participation in educational courses, academies, or voluntary activities that emphasize leadership development;
- Formation and advancement of student organizations, committees, or non-profit organizations which are committed to improving East Carolina University or our constituents.
Nominations will include the following:
- Nominee information (Name, Email, Phone, Anticipated Graduation Semester/Year, Major/Minor);
- A one-page resume of the person being nominated;
- A description of the impact or contribution of the student; and
- Two support letters from ECU administrators, faculty, staff, previous or current employer/internship, or community partner organization.
- Matt Blount
- Calli Jon Massengill
- Tete Narh-Mensah
- Blake Privette
- Iyaira Williams
- Hannah Bolick
- George Cherry Jr.
- Shaelyn Raleigh
- William Grine
- Olivia Sessoms
- Jocelyn Bayles